SCOPE AND CONSENT
This Privacy Notice describes your privacy rights with respect to our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information. It applies to any StrainSecure site where this Privacy Notice appears in the footer, and to any StrainSecure application, service, or tool (collectively "Services") where this Privacy Notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them, including through mobile devices.
By using our Services and/or registering for an account with us, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice and our User Agreement, and you are consenting to our collection, use, disclosure and retention of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice and in our User Agreement. If you do not provide the information we require, the Services we are able to provide to you may be limited.
"Personal information" is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that StrainSecure has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise to identify a specific person.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may amend this Privacy Notice at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. All amended terms automatically take effect 30 days after they are posted.
We collect personal information from you and the devices (including mobile devices) you use to access or use our Services. This personal information we collect includes, but is not limited to personal information of the kinds described below:
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU GIVE US WHEN YOU USE OUR SERVICES
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses
- Content you generate or is connected to your account
- In some instances, you may provide age, gender, interests and favorites
- You may also provide us other information through your participation in community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, or correspondence sent to us
- We may also be required by applicable law to request additional information in order to authenticate or identify you to use or verify the information we have collected
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOU USE OUR SERVICES
We also collect information about your interaction with our Services, advertising, or e-mail communications. This is typically information we receive from your computer or other devices, including your mobile devices.
Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for Advertising, unique device token, Geo-location information, including location information from your mobile device. Keep in mind that:
- Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services in the device's settings menu.
- You may also be presented with an additional notice explaining any additional information we may collect from you that is not listed in this notice.
- Computer and connection information.
- Statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, IP address, browsing history and web log information
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT USING COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
- We may supplement the information we collect with information from third parties and add it to your account information. For example, as permitted by law, we may collect demographic information that is publically available and additional contact information as allowed by law. We may combine information you give us with information we collect from other sources and use it as allowed by law.
- We may allow you to share information with third party social media sites, or use social media sites or other sites to create or connect to your account. Those social media sites may give us access to certain personal information stored by them (e.g., content viewed and information about the advertisements within the content you have been shown or may have clicked on, etc.) from your interaction with the online services. Remember that you control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on that third party site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access. By associating an account managed by a third party with your StrainSecure account and authorizing StrainSecure to have access to this information, you agree that StrainSecure may collect, use and store the information provided by these sites in accordance with this privacy notice.
- If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with their consent. You agree to inform them that we have collected their personal information and tell them how we collect, use and disclose the personal information.
USE AND RETENTION
We use the personal information we collect to operate, improve and personalize our Services, to contact you and provide you customer service, customize our advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities. You agree that we may use your personal information as follows:
OPERATE, IMPROVE, AND PERSONALIZE OUR SERVICES
- Provide you use of and access to our Services
- Customize, measure, and improve our sites, applications and Services
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
- We may use geo-location information to provide you with location based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
- Contact you, via email, telephone (using autodialed or pre-recorded calls) or via text (SMS) messages (if applicable) as authorized by you to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems with your account or our Services and for other purposes authorized by law and consistent with this Privacy Notice
- Compare the personal information you provide for accuracy, and verify it with third parties as necessary
- Customize our advertising and marketing communications with you
- Customize, measure, and improve our content and advertising based on your ad customization preferences
- Contact you, via email, telephone or via text (SMS) messages (if applicable based on your consent), or postal mail, or otherwise as authorized by you to: offer coupons, discounts and special promotions. Message and data rates may apply.
- Prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- Enforce our User Agreement or other applicable policies
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the link in any of the emails you may receive, or indicate your preferences within the direct communication from us.
We do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our site for their own advertising purposes without your explicit consent. If you do not wish to participate in our ad-customization programs, you can opt-out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement. The effect of an opt-out will be to stop targeted advertising, but it will still allow the collection of usage data for certain purposes (e.g., research, analytics and internal online services).
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access or correct it.
- You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to your account. Please update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate
- Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law
- We will honor any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information.
There are times when we disclose your personal information to members of the StrainSecure family or other third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to operate or provide you access to our Services, comply with our legal obligations, enforce our policies, facilitate our advertising, or reduce or prevent fraud related to our Services. We minimize the amount of personal information we share to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. As stated above, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
We may disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
StrainSecure family members who may use it to:
- provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions, and customer support)
- help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, or fraud and/or data security breaches
- guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, services and tools, and communications
- provide customized advertising
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
UNWANTED OR THREATENING EMAIL
Sending unwanted or threatening email is against our policies and constitutes a violation of our user agreement. To report StrainSecure related spam please forward the email to email@example.com
THIRD PARTY PRIVACY PRACTICES
This Privacy Notice addresses only the use and disclosure of personal information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others, their privacy notices and practices will apply.
We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of third parties before choosing to share your information.
QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS
If you have a question or a complaint about this Privacy Notice or information handling processes, you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org